Under design and build forms of contract, the role of Employer’s Agent becomes a vital service for our Housing Association, RSL and other housing landlords.
Metcalfe Briggs Surveyors has a depth of experience in this role. We are proactive in delivering the service to our clients.
Representing the Employer we undertake these significant functions:
- assisting in the formation of the client’s brief, producing a comprehensive set of Employers’ Requirements liaising with the design team.
- carrying out feasibility estimates, assisting in the commission of site investigations and undertaking formal tender procedures.
- tenders' evaluation, conduct of selection interviews, providing general advice on the selection of a contractor.
- at the appropriate time contract documents and formalities would be completed on behalf of the Employer.
- monitor the progress and quality of works by means of regular site visits and chairing regular meetings to ensure compliance with the Employer's Requirements to achieve a quality end product on time and in budget.
Design and build contracts offer early cost certainty but must be used with care in respect of design detailing, standards of finishes and quality of work. Metcalfe Briggs Surveyors provides assistance throughout the whole development process from inception through to building handover and end of defects.